Availability: In Stock
A 100nF capacitor is an electronic component designed to store and release electrical energy in a circuit. The “nF” stands for nanofarads, which is the unit of capacitance. In this case, the capacitor has a capacitance of 100 nanofarads or 0.1 microfarads.
**Key features may include:**
1. **Capacitance Value:** 100 nanofarads (100nF or 0.1μF).
2. **Voltage Rating:** This indicates the maximum voltage the capacitor can handle without risk of failure. For example, a 100nF capacitor with a voltage rating of 50V can handle a maximum voltage of 50 volts.
3. **Tolerance:** Capacitors typically have a specified tolerance, which indicates the range within which the actual capacitance may vary from the rated value. Common tolerances include ±10%, ±20%, etc.
4. **Dielectric Material:** The dielectric material used in the capacitor affects its performance. Common dielectric materials include ceramic, polyester, and others.
**Applications of 100nF capacitors:**
– Bypass and decoupling in power supply circuits.
– Coupling and DC blocking in audio circuits.
– Timing components in conjunction with resistors for various time-delay applications.
– Filtering and smoothing signals in electronic circuits.